Terms & Conditions. Dated February 2020.
• Please Note – A 10% DEPOSIT is required to secure any works to be carried out. Payment of this deposit is part of a contract between you the customer and our company J.A. Ford & Sons – By paying a deposit you are herby agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
1. All products and components listed on our website site are for illustrative purposes only, with a view to giving you the customer a more informed choice. The products and components you receive may differ slightly than the ones advertised on this site due to regional variation, commodities and suppliers. J.A.Ford & Sons accept no liability for any changes made by any manufacturer or vendor used.
2. All products and components supplied to the customer, either directly, through a supplier or third person vendor, remain the property of J.A.Ford & Sons until all outstanding balances and payments are completed in full by you the customer on behalf of J.A.Ford & Sons.
3. J.A.Ford & Sons cannot be held responsible for delays within the agreed timed schedule of work caused by unforeseen structural problems, extra works that have to be undertaken, inclement weather or supply problems.
4. J.A.Ford & Sons will always liaise with you the customer before undertaking any extra works in accordance with the original working agreement. Work will only continue if you the customer are in full agreement thereof.
5. All work must be paid for in full on the day of completion, unless otherwise agreed with J.A.Ford & Sons. For payment terms see #18.
6. All prices quoted DO NOT INCLUDE THE PRICE OF THE STOVE unless otherwise stated by J.A.Ford & Sons.
7. All work is guaranteed for a term of 6 months from the completed installation date. Extra cover can be taken out with J.A.Ford & Sons.
8. A minimum of 3 days notice is required for cancellations, or a surcharge may be applied by J.A.Ford & Sons for restocking of the components that have been ordered for installation.
9. All breakable items must be removed from the room and/or rooms where the work is to be carried out, this includes curtains, drapes, blinds, wall hangings. Light fittings should be covered also. 10. All carpets should be removed or covered by the customer in the room and or rooms where work will be done as J.A.Ford & Sons accept no responsibility for damage or staining as a direct result of the installation/cleaning process.
11. Any wood or mantel / beams supplied by J.A.Ford & Sons are not subject to any warranties where the ageing process has caused shrinkage or cracking in the material. Wood is a naturally occuring material and will change its characteristics over time. J.A.Ford & Sons cannot be held responsible for any changes in appearance / structure caused by the ageing process or further drying of the material.
12. Prices quoted are an estimate only, and J.A.Ford & Sons try to do all work within the price quoted, any extra work will be explained and discussed with you the customer before extra work is undertaken.
13. Any extra work NOT covered by the estimate but requested by the customer will be undertaken at the
same time as the original work agreed upon. If this is not possible, then a date and price for this extra work will be given separately.
14. If work previous to the customer's specification takes longer than quoted for, then J.A.Ford & Sons will notify you the customer and make a new date for work to recommence. UNFORTUNATELY THIS MAY BE AT SHORT NOTICE.
15. Any complaints will be attended to as soon as possible.
16. All materials remain the property of J.A.Ford & Sons until paid in full. WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
17. It is the customer's responsibility to check with their local authority/council to see if they fall within a smoke controlled area before the fire is installed.
18. Please check your estimate carefully to make sure everything is what you have requested, if you are not in full agreement with any part of the estimate, then please contact J.A.Ford & Sons to amend any changes.
19. J.A.Ford & Sons accept the following payment methods. CASH or INSTANT BANK TRANSFER Cheques will NOT BE ACCEPTED – ALL BANK TRANSFERS MUST BE COMPLETED ON IMMEDIATE COMPLETION OF WORK OTHERWISE INTERST MAY BE CHARGED FOR THE PERIOD UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. (For details of this please contact JA Ford & Sons for the current interest rate). ALL PRICES QUOTED INCLUDE VAT AT THE CURRENT RATE.
20. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that your neighbours are in full agreement with any and all parts of the installation thereof, namely of any flue that may be in their view or may be affected by smoke produced from your installation. Failure to inform your neighbours may result in action taken by your local authority/council. This includes and work they may be carried out on a Party Wall or adjoining property.
21. It is the customer's responsibility to remove any packaging and/or rubble from site, as J.A.Ford & Sons are unable to carry this waste in a commercial vehicle. A skip can be provided at Extra cost to the customer.
22. Any estimate given will be honoured by J.A.Ford & Sons for a period of 30 days from the date given on the estimate.
23. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
24. BY ACCEPTING ANY ESTIMATE/QUOTATION GIVEN BY J.A.Ford & Sons, YOU ARE THEN IN AGREEMENT WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE. BY ACCEPTANCE WE MEAN VIA THE PAYMENT OF A 10% DEPOSIT TO SECURE ANY WORKS.